View Single Post
Old 10-04-2003, 12:13 PM   #293
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nuru- sorry, about taking so long, but here is Pelien's argument. I have dialogue for Adrama, so please tell me if anything needs to be changed.

Nova-I'm going to try to get another post out that will bring Pelien and Sador to the betrothal party. I will start the conversation about the marriage there, is that okay?

"He asked me to marry him, Mother, and... and I told him I would.” Adrama stood before her mother with solid determination knowing well that Pelien would not approve of this marriage engagement.

Pelien caught her breath and tried to remain as calm as she could while concealing her shock. How had this happened? Surely, Adrama was not seriously going to marry Addruran. There had been strong chemistry that was visible between the young man and Adrama, but after all of these years of hoping her daughter would marry the future Steward, Pelien didn’t know if she could accept another man as her son-in-law.

“You told him you would marry him without even asking for my consent or at least a hint that this was coming?” Pelien’s voice was full of accusation as she stared into her daughter’s eyes. Adrama should have asked for her mother’s permission in this matter, and anger was rising in Pelien’s chest as she thought about being left out of this delicate process.

“Mother, I am an adult…I do not need your permission to marry Addruran, and for the record, I did not know myself that he was going to propose.” Adrama spoke slowly and softly seeing the resentment in her mother’s face. This was a moment she would remember for the rest of her life, and she didn’t desire to feel the brunt of Pelien’s fury. “I’ve realized I love him, and I intend on marrying him.”

“But Adrama, he’s not good enough for you. You…you’re fit to be the Steward’s wife, why…”

“But you forget, Mother, the Steward already has a wife. He has made his choice, and I have made mine.” Pelien was taken aback by Adrama’s interruption and the seriousness of her tone.

“I see…I still feel that you should reconsider your decision. What if you tell him you need more time to think? Then we can talk about this when emotions are not so…high.” Pelien reached out and touched Adrama’s arm gently. All she wanted was for her daughter to think this marriage through before she jumped into something she’d regret for the rest of her life. Maybe if the girl could be stalled, Pelien could change her mind…make her realize her mistake.