View Single Post
Old 10-05-2003, 03:57 PM   #39
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

DWARVES - Barzûn

Barzûn watched as Therin walked away. The boy had talent. Barzûn just hoped that Therin would not waste it on idle carving. The lad could have a lucrative career ahead of him if he did not waste his talent.

Then there was this business of wild men around. Barzûn grumbled. Men of any creed were still trouble. The question was whether to tell the Rangers, those sly humans that Barzûn did not really trust either, or to let the Hillmen do as they pleased. The Hillmen could, of course, ruin the work that had so recently begun. It would probably be best to inform the Rangers of the threat that seemed to be lurking in the not-so-distant hills. But that could probably wait for tomorrow or even tonight, at earliest. At the moment Barzûn had more massive problems, such as the builders, who were slacking off again.

Barzûn made his way back to the workers, fixing his scowl on his face again.

"Just because I stop, it does not mean that I have given you a right to stop!" Barzûn barked. "I worked for eighty years to get to this position, and I did not achieve this job by slacking off. If I stop to chastise one of your fellow workers, it does not entitle you to a rest break. Now get back to work!"

A young Dwarf sighed dramatically as he went back to work. Barzûn's glare silenced him, however. Barzûn looked at the sky, hoping that they could get some good work in before having to stop for the night. He despised night, as the laborers stopped their toils when the darkness fell upon the land.

Barzûn sighed, looking again at the sky. There would still be some time to work left. He barked another order, then went back to work himself.