View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 07:08 PM   #36
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The crisp wind stung Tane's face as he prepared his breakfast. He had come in early this morning. He would have been back a day or so ago but he had found some interesting tracks that he couldn't quite identify. After a day and a half of completely fruitless searching and dead ends, the Ranger decided that he had been following the tracks of a creature that the Rangers had long ago decided not to disturb, it being in it's own habitat and not a threat.

Tane was putting out his small fire when Thorgil came out of the cabin. After glancing around the camp, the leader of the Rangers spotted Tane and quickly walked over.

Tane scuffed out the last embers, making sure all the ashes were out before turning to his commander.

"The settler Calumdril came to see me today."

Tane locked eyes. "What did he want?"

Thorgil shrugged. "He wants us to tell him everything we know, of course. Now he wants to meet you. He found the creature's tracks."

The leader of the Rangers was standing quite still as he talked to his second in command. Tane didn't like the way Thorgil was speaking in short sentences.

"That's suprising, but what's bothering you?" Tane pressed. Thorgil seemed more figity, as if he wanted to go out and ride.

Thorgil scowled, "This whole affair. We're like child-watchers. The settlers are now worried about the wolves; thinking they might attack."

Tane nodded. He knew the chances of a wolf pack actually attacking a settlement, and it wouldn't likely happen. The animals might take down a few settlers if they were out wandering on their own though.

"Plus," Thorgil continued. "Calumdril wants updates on the creature. I'm going to go out and track it myself. You'll be in charge again," once again Tane nodded. "Good luck if any of the settlers come calling, you'll need it."

Tane laughed as his old friend walked off to get his mount ready for the hunt.

[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: Kryssal ]