View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 03:52 PM   #31
Carrūn
Wight

Carrūn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Awyrgan had awakened early, long before most of the camp was stirring. The ride over had been pleasent enough. Not knowing any of the other Rangers very well Alearindu made as a good a companion as any. Still, Awyrgan preferred to keep to himself.

He had pitched a tent far off on the fringe of the campsite. It was a practical location as well, giving him a good view of the grounds and surrounding terrain.

During the day, there was little for him to do. At night he would make the rounds of the camp, feeling not unlike a babysitter.

He had just gone back to sleep when he was hurridly awakened.

"Wake up." What, no bed and breakfast? He sat up groggily and his eyes focused on three Thoronmirs. "I thought you were far away from here." A note of envy was in his voice.

"I was," Thoronmir said. "I came to warn you. The warriors of the Hillmen-- most of them are not in the village. They must be spying on us somewhere nearby."

Awyrgan stood up. He nodded in asent to his companion's suggestion to notify Thorgil. But he needed to think. "You do it - you're senior and you have more firsthand knowledge it seems." Thoronmir nodded and strode off.

Awyrgan sat down by his small fire, trying to remember any details from his few short patrols since he had arrived. There had been a few hillmen tracks, but they were for the most part still keeping a safe distance. But that one set...

A bizzare set of tracks was still puzzling the man. He had his doubts, but they looked almost human. Still, they didn't fit the typical hillman mold.

He shrugged to himself. He'd find someone, notify them, and go out looking again once night fell.

[ October 05, 2003: Message edited by: Carrūn ]