View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 09:04 PM   #27
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Rangers

Thoronmir crept back to where he had left his horse. He considered going back up the hill and having a second look, but he knew it would be too risky. He had already been spotted, and if he went back, he would probably get captured or killed. He got up on his horse and rode off, taking a wandering course through the hills to shake off any pursuit. After traveling for a while, he found a small cave in a hillside and camped there for the night.

The next morning, Thoronmir woke early and rode toward the settlement. He had to warn them about the hillmen before it was too late. He rode through the hills as fast as he could, finally reaching the settlement at some forgotten hour in the dead of night.

After stabling his horse, he went straight to where Awyrgan was staying. "Wake up," he said.
"Thoronmir?" Awyrgan wondered groggily. "I thought you were far away from here by now."
"I was," he said. "I came to warn you. The warriors of the Hillmen-- most of them are not in the village. They must be spying on us somewhere nearby."
"Spying?" asked Awyrgan, now fully awake. "But what can we do?"
"Get Thorgil and call a meeting of the Dunedain," replied Thoronmir. "We must make plans for defending this settlement before it is too late."

[ September 15, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]