View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 08:40 PM   #21
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Settler

Kaben stretched out his arms trying to relieve the built up tension and weariness. Setting up even a temporary shop was very tiring, especially for someone who couldn't lift without help. Fortunetly that help had been found in the form of a young boy of about sixteen years named Eydin who was only too greatful to get away from building duty by helping set up a much needed shop.

Many more people than Kaben would have thought had already come by and bought things before they were set up properly. Replacement cloth and candels seemed to be the most regarded right now, though a young man had bought a small necklace for his lady interest.

Not even half of his items had been unpacked yet and the thought of unpacking more made Kaben's arm protest. He hadn't even gotten to the food stores, though they weren't nearly as nurmerous as his other merchandise.

"Eydin, careful!" the young shopkeeper rushed to stop the crate from falling that Eydin had been trying to move by himself. The two tried to ease it down to the ground, but Kaben was in an ackward position and managed to get the crate pinned onto his foot. Once it got stuck there Eydin scrambled to the other side and heaved with all his might until Kaben was once again free.

"Is your foot damaged too much, Sir?" his voice raised in concern.

Kaben limped over to a chair and sat down heavily. "I'm sure I'll be walking right as stalks in two days or so. Don't worry so, it'll match my arm nicely. Now, why don't you go and get the blankets out of the big wagon, they go over in that corner opposite of the tools."

Eydin ran off and Kaben now stretched out his sore foot. It would be alright, but it was just another glitch to go in the day.