View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 05:15 AM   #164
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Lowfel eyed Lachlan playfully. "You make it sound as if she were only visiting. If that were the case I wouldn't be building so much," he finished with a chuckle.

Shrae felt a little blood rush to her cheeks and she urgently tried to supress the blush.

"Lowfel, if I am to start on engravings I need to get some sleep. I'm sure Reen is getting tired himself," she hated breaking up the wonderful night, but practicality had set in her mind.

"Engravings?" Lachlan's eyebrows rose.

"Ah," the carpenter lighted. "In addition to her wonderful company she is going to be providing her talents of engraving on my pieces. So, if you need anything marked with a pretty design or a practical one, like perhaps a family brand on your finest kegs or a new sign post for your ale shop, she's the girl. First thing I'm going to have her do is make me a new sign," Lowfel finished with a wink at his sister.

Shrae just stood up with her eyes pierced together at her brother in a jest he only knew too well. Just then Lachlan's mother came in carrying Reen who immediatly stretched out his arms for Shrae to grab. She obliged the little tot and promptly kissed his squirming head.

"You must bring him over to visit, young miss Shrae," the mother bubbled.

"I will," Shrae smiled in return and turned to her brother to see if he was leaving as well. He grunted as he stood.

"It was a lovely meal, thank you for having us," Shrae smiled again at her host, with her brother nodding at her side.

"It was wonderful to have you. Make sure you come back."

Lachlan and his mother walked them to the door and waved them off with more goodbyes.