View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #49
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Ah, sorry, I thought the title of the game was a nod to this old sci-fi movie where Bruce Dern's character turns against his crewmates in order to save the last greenhouse in space. The ship's name is Valley Forge.
Haha...no...I've never heard of it. It is a take off of something, but I'm not going to say what.

Quote:
But does he? OK, he knows who they are, but as has been discussed it would be unwise for him to out them right away; so his biggest advantage will be the power to sabotage the Night-kills by tipping off the Watchman, but the way you put it, there's quite an uncertainty factor built into this.

From my experience, minds may change more than once during a wolf pack's Nightly discussions, so the KD's success will depend on his ability to either pre-guess his packmates' leanings or subtly steer their decision making so that they choose to kill the right (=protected) player. It's all rather chancy, I think.
You are right, and the more I consider the KD's role, the harder I realize it is, and I also realize how very little he may accomplish. The fact is, he may accomplish even less than a regular seer who at least has the protection of numbers, whereas the members of the Forge KNOWS he is one of their four or five.

Quote:
Don't know about the others, but it's fine for me (as long as it doesn't draw out to RPG or Paper Telephone dimensions).
Ha! I hope not! I think I would quit then, too.

Quote:
But to help things along a little bit, scrap that question mark as far as I'm concerned. I've just decided I don't want to miss this!
Awesome. I'm excited to have you.