View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 07:29 PM   #506
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Thinking out loud....

I had envisioned the Elders' meeting eventually deciding to send a group to the south to recruit from the other tribes. Aiwendil and Ráma would be part of this larger group, but at some point would turn aside on their particular mission in the mountains to make inquities about the talisman. Sorona would be with them. At the end of this sequence, they would return to the larger group or head back to the clan, whatever worked best.

I don't think we'd want the entire search party to go on this side trek, but it is possible that another character or two could join, openly or surreptitiously, if there was a good reason for this. This "good" reason could be positive or negative: supporting the mission or having doubts about a particular character and wanting to keep an eye on them.

I think the Elders will know something of Ráma's errand but may be less than supportive..... So there is even room from this angle to have someone "assigned" to come along, or being encouraged to spy.

Finally, none of this is written in stone. If you or anyone else sees problems or would prefer a different approach, there's lots of wiggle room if we discuss it. I have alluded to some of this in the story, but really haven't sat down and hammered out specifics with others. But that was the heart of what I was thinking. And if anyone would like to join in this side quest for whatever reason, please let me know.

The other thing is I am not sure how Pio (as a character) or Rôg tie into this time wise: where they will be at this time. And I also assume that if posters were actually off recruiting, they'd want to elaborate their own subplot. Or it's possible the "recruiters" could be carry-alongs if everyone else wants to run off with some other line of the plot. We haven't talked too much about what will happen after the meeting. And while we probably don't want to spell out too much, it might be good if we had a vague idea what comes next.

Any other ideas, Hilde or anyone else? I will get a save up for day 3 of the funeral to push us ahead. I can always leapfrog forward if there is a timing problem.

Cami

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 11-30-2004 at 03:49 AM.