View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 02:32 PM   #50
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindil View Post
Mindil is a she.

And she is a professional editor in RL, among other hats.

I tend to get responses to my posts on a varieties of forums, not just LotR, and I assume it's from years of practice.

When I don't get responses, I get frustrated, and then learn from trial and error to get more next time.

Personally, I like your posts, Urwen. They are more personal than many others'. You give the feeling of there being a real person behind the screen name. Other members are more scholarly or informed, so the content of their posts can be quite interesting and appealing to nerds (I accept the title), and I'll happily discuss abstruse issues down a long thread far beyond the call of rational patience. But with you, there's someone who really cares about the answers. And that's a pleasure all its own.

So cheer up, I get the sense that the members all like you personally, whether they feel like replying to particular posts or not.

And I'm still game to hear who you are obsessed with. I couldn't get it from your links, since my server blocks links sometimes.

I wouldn't say they like me. They don't like the fact that I am obsessed with Morleg, as stated in my signature.

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote