View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 12:23 AM   #276
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Narya

“This was a fruitless cause indeed, but not something that yielded none at all. Let our camaraderie remain a peaceful remembrance, not that of distaste. We were united in a common purpose – although all for different causes, it is my belief. And that is the thing of import.” Ferethor put in mildly in a tone completely unlike his usual harsh and commanding ring, his gaze cast down.

And then Ferethor said quite innocuously after a pause, for he was feeling quite uncomfortable of the circumstances, “Back to your aunt, Maen? I don’t think that’s advisable, since I have to file out a report to Lord Elessar verbally about the death of traitor Il Galoth and...” His words trailed into silence, and after a pause he said somewhat lamely, “My colleague Lieutenant Aelimur and I would have to return to our duties in Minas Tirith. Therefore will you allow us to take our leave?” A dead pause, while Aelimur started and looked incredulously at Ferethor, mouthing soundlessly ‘Do you really have to declare out identity when everything’s over? Why not just keep it quiet? Maen might throw a fit, y’know.’ Ferethor ignored his imperative whisper.

“Not very surprising, as half of you know me and others must have all vaguely guessed.” Ferethor added with a wry grin, accompanied by a slight inclination of head as in the manner of a courteous greeting, “Captain Ferethor of Minas Tirith at your service, bearing orders from High King Elessar to seek Il Galoth the traitor and arrest him in the name of Gondor. Impossible to fulfill now, of course – my task is as not accomplished either.”