View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 04:51 PM   #124
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry for not being around all day today...another trip to my grandmother's. But no excuses.

Aman - Thanks for the map! That's very helpful.

Pio - Absolutely wonderful post!

Nurumaiel - I love your character.

I sent Nuru a PM concerning her questions, but I'll also put this here.

I didn't have too much in particular in mind for the female roles except that it is possible that they (and their husbands, if they have them) could be among those who live outside the city and who would be arriving as refugees. Or, they could simply be city dwellers and be aiding in finding the refugees places to stay and such. Also, of course, it would probably arise that their husbands (again, if they have them) have been asked to take up some kind of military role.

Concerning that... At this point, I think that military action in Eregion will be consisting of small parties of troops that will be traveling to towns and settlements in the outlying lands surrounding Ost-in-Edhil, mainly finding survivors of orc attacks and possibly running into some raiding parties.

As Nuru said, "at our homes, or out taking a little stroll, or whatnot" works very well for the beginning, as I wanted to begin a little early (1695 rather than 1697) so that we can have a little time where the Elves aren't preparing for war or fighting in a battle, simply for some pleasant character development. The female roles give a very different perspective, a look at the more 'everyday life' of these Elves, particularly in a time where this race still reigned in Middle-earth with great cities and Kings. This is about to change, Eregion being the first to fall when facing Sauron's hatred of the Elves, furthering the race's diminishing from Middle-earth that began with the many Elves that went into the West neart the beginning of the Second Age. So, I think it is and important part of the story, to show that these Elves are a little different than the Elves seen in The Lord of the Rings simply because of the situation of their race at this point.

I hope that was more coherent than it seemed, and not as vague as it seems. Suggestions are welcome.
Sometime in the next few days I need everyone to check into the Planning Thread, to get a head count, as it seems a few people have gone MIA.

Those who I need to hear from either via PM or a post here are:

Gwydion
Sleepy Ranger
Esgallhugwen
Encaitare
Mithalwen (though we know she's been busy with werewolves )

If I do not hear from any of them, I will begin hunting down people to replace them.

Thanks!

-Durelin

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-08-2005 at 06:41 PM. Reason: missed the enter key!