View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 05:26 AM   #85
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arphen Silverhair View Post
...how this huge Smaug will die in the movie?

I can't help but think PJ will not have him killed with just one arrow from Bard.
Bard will climb up his back and put an arrow in his head for good measure, then he'll surf down the tail and land safely before Legolas. Then Legolas will think this over and over and decide to do it years later on the fields of Pelennor.

When I went to see the first Hobbit, I went with an open mind. I was impressed by the first teaser trailer, if a bit turned off by the second. But I loved the trilogy as movies. I thought they were well done and well cast and appreciated them as movies, not book adaptations. I saw the first Hobbit and it had its moments, but the CGI was distracting. It just didn't look good to me. Normally this isn't something that bothers me, but there was something about the Goblin King's CGI that was just...ugh. So the first Hobbit movie did to Middle Earth what Phantom Menace did to Star Wars (speaking from a strictly movie going perspective.) Too much effects and none of the set building charm of the trilogy. Because the CGI scenes in that meshed well with the built sets most of the time.

Now I watch this trailer and am in no way excited. I'll still see it. I'm interested how PJ and co will pull it off, but I agree with the thread title. It really does look crap.