Thread: Geeks?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 09:27 PM   #21
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Well, I hadn't thought about it before, but all of my friends are geeks, nerds, and so on and so forth. Dreamers with our heads in the clouds. My boyfriend is a Final Fantasy addict and now he's on to LotR (besides, he even looks geeky... don't tell him I said that). My best friend is a Tolkienite and he just "disclosed" that he's a Trekkie as well. In fact..... ok, fine, all of my friends are Tolkienites or not-yet-Tolkienites with great potential. Like friends, like me? I guess I'm a geek too.
I just dislike how it's classed as a crime to be a geek. I had to reassure my best friend that it's not a crime to be a Trekkie- that I really don't care, and that at least he has something he feels strongly about.
Look at it this way: would you rather be obsessed with history and the deeds of good against evil, or your makeup or cars?
Go geeks! We rock and we ought to know it!
------------
If you're having problems with being a geek, really, I think you're cool anyhow. When I first got to highschool, I saw all these people who I thought were freaks and weirdos and I'd never hang out with.... now we're inseperable. The outcasts are oucasts for a reason: we're interesting where society is dull. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I think we win.