View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #886
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
White Tree

I have been weary and dispirited, but it is time to find my rest in Him, and let what I cannot control, go. And there is much that I cannot control. Thanks, lmp, for the gentle encouragement. You are a good friend.

It would be really nice to actually finish this. As well as actually finishing the technical paper...

For encouragement, I actually went back and reread "Bolco Returns to the Shire." I can write, really I can, as long as God is near; and as long as I can make the time. Which means, as long as He gives it to me. Please, God....

"But in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God..." To finish things. And finish them well.

I felt like Bolco on the Barrowdowns... turned into a hollow tree, empty of heart, with dead leaves rattling in the cold wind. But I cried out to God, and this morning there was some joy. (Ever heard Phil Wickham? Old favorite made new.) may it persist, or be renewed often. Hope is good. Rest is good. My desire is for Evendim, and for today, Evendim is a good desire...

Last edited by mark12_30; 03-04-2010 at 08:38 AM.