View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 05:43 AM   #119
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Legate - I have no idea why I'm writing this as it's so obvious, but Ori and Óin are surely friends?
Of course. Indeed pretty unnecessary to even ask that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Legate- Same thing as I told Lommy, although Oin might be Tror's best friend. Oin is obviosly more of a battle hardened type and Tror would depend on him greatly when in battle, ergo a relationship must have been formed if they are to work closely together.
The first part sounds good - although that doesn't necessarily mean that Óin considers Tror his best friend, because for certain, he knows at least Ori probably for lot longer and had gone through more and more dramatic situations with him (like being almost baked by a Dragon ). As for the battle thing, Óin is more of a "solo" type when it comes to fighting: he has this military experience and knows about tactics and sticking together, but he is not a "professional" warrior. It was just his "racial responsibility" to go to Azanulbizar when he was younger. Then, it is probable that in all the occassions when Tror and him fought together (i.e. here in Moria when they were chasing the Orcs out), he was together with him in a few battles, but Óin is not the one into big battles, but rather a member of a small group who flanks the people etc., where I would probably expect Tror to be the leader of the main wave. So, what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Oh, but that was even more accidental. Dwarf women just always struck me as rather independent, and of course it was no way an official divorce of anything, if that eases your conservative mind, my friend...
Well, I would have hoped you did not have any "official" divorce in mind in the first place - for that will sound really out-of-place. *incanonity police goes back again to its office*

Say what, I will re-read all the characters and will post another longer post (now this sounds like WW! Oh my!), now concerning the possible relations of my characters towards everybody.

And, by the way, I did not seem to see any answer, not from Groin, nor from anybody else: I take it that I should take Lóni, then?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories