View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 03:56 AM   #58
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
One wolf in the bag, two to go! I had a look at yesterDay's voting. Known wolf underlined, known ordo italicised.

Kath → Eomer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I'd vote any of you lot right now for your 'shroom-ism. But in the interests of trying to make this as fair as a useless vote can be, I'm picking the first person who posted.
As I said earlier, this was about the safest vote she could have cast. Admittedly (and in answer to Legate's query about why I commented on that from Kath and then proceeded to vote Inzil), early in Day 1 a flimsy reason for a vote might just as well signify lazy ordo as safe-playing wolf.

Greenie → Inzil
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Because this is the closest to a suspicious thing I've seen this far:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Well, the ratio right now is 7-3, obviously. A couple of bad lynches does make it a pretty doomed affair. No Gifteds is a serious handicap. So it's important that everyone show up and vote toDay. This is certainly a case where "I won't vote cos I don't see anyone as suspicious" will play to the baddies.
It almost looks as if he took a moment to reflect on how an innocent would feel in this situation, then listed all the points he came up with. It does seem pretty doomed, oh dear there are no gifteds that's such bad news for us, and let's all be nice good innocent villagers ok? It's not much, but it's the best I've got.
Lommy → Legate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
He's the only one who's really caught my attention this far (obviously ) in any way, both by sounding like he's a parody of himself - which, granted, could be just him sounding like himself, but could also mean he's trying too hard to sound like his normal self - and by making slightly weird points about focusing the votes.

Now I'm far from convinced he's a wolf but I don't really have any better leads at the moment. Good night and Night! Vote well.
Classic flippety-flop here, but I do see where she's coming from. Could go either way, really - innocent Lommy doing her best with very little to go on, or an evil Lommy trying to divert attention from packmate-Inzil while repeatedly emphasising that she isn't sure at all about Legate's guilt, thereby washing her hands of responsibility should he end up lynched and revealed innocent.

Agan Inzil (2)
(No need to quote her reasoning for the vote, as she was innocent and he was a wolf - incidentally, why is it that the one time we're not at each other's throats, she dies on Night 2? )

Legate → Inzil (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Looking at Zil's post as a sum, and given that he already has two votes, I don't actually have anything against trying to vote him. There is not much better reasoning against anybody else anyway. (What I just said in my previous post.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Inzil: what I also just said. [very little to go on, sounds reasonable but can't tell from one post] There is maybe a bit of weird vibe, but again, what can one do with two and half posts.
Followed by

Inzil → Legate (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzilawolf
I need to vote now. I have three votes. As I don't really want to die just yet, I think I'll go ahead and give Legate his second. It's his latching onto the wagon, followed by that "throwaway" remark about hoping to be around the next Day. That still feels forced and not something an innocent would say at this time.
This exchange is, to me, the most interesting of the Day. Wolf-on-wolf, or wolf-on-ordo (is that even a word?)? The thing is, Legate doesn't really give an argument against Inzil beyond "maybe a bit of a weird vibe" and "there is not much better reasoning against anybody else anyway". I'm not sure if he's the type to bus a fellow; but if he was, that would be a very clever move. Note that Legate is the third to vote Inzil, and the other candidates at that point were Eomer (who was voted randomly rather than based on an actual suspicion) and himself. A wolfy Legate may have judged that it was likely either he or Inzil was going to get lynched, and voted for the latter to clear himself. Likewise, an Inzilwolf may then have decided to play along and vote for Legate, in hopes that whichever of them survived the vote would come away looking pretty innocent.

Eomer → Kath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Worst so far is probably Kath. To make a random vote, I just don't find it useful. Even if I was going to vote randomly, I would couch it in some other terms to at least allow the possibility of other villagers jumping on the reason and sparking discussion.
Retaliation? Principle? Handily keeping away from the Inzil-Legate-duo? Choreographed wolf-on-wolf? Safe vote for someone very unlikely to get lynched? I want to see more from him before deciding. Also, there were two pairs who voted each other, Legate and Inzilawolf, and Eomer and Kath. Not sure if it means anything, but it caught my eye.

Another thing that caught my eye about the voting was that, in a village of 11, three (Nerwen, Sally, and Shasta) did not vote. This is really quite a catastrophic percentage. Nerwen isn't a surprise. Sally posts a long IC post that must have taken some time to compose so she was certainly around, but did not vote. Why, Sallykins? As for Shasta, are we sure he's aware the game has started?

EDIT: x-ed with dear Legzy <3
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 09-22-2015 at 03:59 AM. Reason: typo
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote