View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 06:40 PM   #107
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Well, I hate to say I told you so, but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
... to try to prevent what I perceive as a possible injustice against Bergil ...

It was foolish to vote for him. Quite apart from the fact that he did not have any opportunity to defend himself, his death tells us very little because he said nothing yester-Day.

Anyway, here's how the voting went yester-Day (in order):

1. Shelob for the phantom (TP - 1)
2. TGWBS for Alcarillo (TP - 1; Alcarillo -1)
3. Alcarillo for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 1; Bergil - 1)
4. Wilwarin for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 1; Bergil - 2)
5. Wayne for Alcarillo (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2)
6. Kath for Meneltarmacil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1)
7. Gil-Galad for Kitanna (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1)
8. Cailin for Glirdan (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1)
9. Menel for Kath (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 1)
10. Mormegil for Kath (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 2)
11. Holbytlas for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 3; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 2)
12. Glirdan for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 4; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 2)
13. The Saucepan Man for Alcarillo (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 3; Bergil - 4; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 2)
14. Kitanna for Glirdan (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 3; Bergil - 4; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 2; Kath - 2)
15 Azaelia for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 3; Bergil - 5; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 2; Kath - 2)
16. Durelin for The Saucepan Man (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 3; Bergil - 5; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 2; Kath - 2; SpM - 1)

Did not vote:

Bergil
Folwren
Nilpaurion
SamwiseGamgee
The phantom

Something else I said yester-Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
If Alcarillo is hanged and found to be guilty, or if Bergil is lynched and found to be innocent, I think that we should all take a very close look at those who have voted to-Day for Bergil.
That certainly seems to be the case today. Although some seem to be picking on only some of the villagers who voted for Bergil.

*Glares at Gil-Galad and WaynetheGoblin*

Why didn't you include Glirdan in your list, Gil. And why did you only mention wilwarin and Alcarillo, Wayne?

Clearly, not all of those who voted for Bergil are guilty. But I do believe that at least one Wolf (and, if they were being particularly bold, possibly two) voted for him. He was a reasonably "safe" vote, at the outset of voting at least. He did not speak yester-Day and therefore few conclusions could be drawn against those voting for him.

But let's look at each one:

Alcarillo was the first to vote for Bergil (although a number of villagers had already indicated that they might vote for him). At that stage, Alcarillo already had a vote against him, so he may have been voting to save his furry skin. Then again, I doubt that a Wolvish Alcarillo would have killed TGWBS, who voted for him yester-Day. TGWBS's death was probably a clumsy attempt at a frame-up by the Wolves. Despite voting for him yester-Day, therefore, I am less inclined to think Alcarillo a Wolf to-Day (although, like anyone, he could be the Bear).

Wilwarin voted for Bergil to put him ahead of Alcarillo in the voting. Very suspicious if Alcarillo's a Wolf. Still somewhat suspicious even if not.

Holbytlas voted for Bergil to put him ahead of Alcarillo and Kath on the votes. Much the same applies as with wilwarin, with the added possibility that, if Kath is a Wolf, Holbytlas might have been voting to save her.

Glirdan voted for Bergil to give him a clear lead in the lynching stakes, having said that he would not vote for someone he had not heard from (and also having spent most of yester-Day flip-flopping between suspects). He remains very suspicious in my eyes.

Azaelia sealed Bergil's fate with her vote, having said that the Werewolves were probably all posting. Apparently, she panicked. A very strange panic vote. Surely better to vote for someone who stood no chance of lynching. But in her favour, if she was a Wolf, she would have known that Bergil was innocent (of Wolvery) and unlikely to be the Bear and that her vote would therefore attract suspicion to-Day.

My top suspects at the start of Day 2 are therefore:

Glirdan
Holbytlas
Wilwarin
Alcarillo
Azaelia