View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #2864
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
I LOVE THOSE! You also eat organic?
Whenever it's feasible to do so. I was actually after white cheddar shells, but they were out, so I went with 'Arthur' themed noodles and bunny shaped ones, which stunned and delighted a pair of small girls. I like to eat things that only contain actual food products, and I like my ingredient lists on pre-made things to be only a few items long, if at all possible. I'm not horribly picky, and once in a while I'm still going to get one of those godawful fifty cent 'apple pie' things that have an infinite shelf life and are glazed with the sugar equivalent of crack. But I likes me apples to have no ingredients except 'apple' and my orange juice to consist of 'orange juice' and maybe, for diversity, 'pulp' and a smattering of 'water'. I like water. I don't like high fructose corn syrup. If you need to sweeten your oranges, you did something terribly wrong to the orange.

And the only tomatoes I'll eat are locally grown, because any tomato that's durable enough to survive the shipping and refrigerating process almost invariably tastes like cardboard. *twitch* But then, I live in the boondocks, so between the end of April and the end of October, I get all/most of my produce from farm stands anyway. Same goes for desserts: when you get your caramel glazed cinnamon rolls from an Amish bake sale every Friday, you can guarantee they're organic.

But on the subject of Mordor... The fact that it's not time for my favorite farm stand to be open yet! I have to wait almost two months still! Winter produce makes me sad. It's so flavorless. I'm a raw foods kind of a kid (mmm sushi), so when the options are either 'shipped from somewhere far, far away' or 'frozen,' I get sad because it's just not the same as having a brown paper bag full of sugar snap peas that you can eat while driving with the windows down.