View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 07:19 AM   #26
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I think the fate of the elves should be considered too. Especially the waning and sorrow or Galadriel hit me quite hard, at least when I was younger (nowadays I think I see her in a bit more wider perspective and as a more complex character not to jump out from among the others). They had to give up their land and their love; all they had built and cared for, all which they had sacrificed to defend during the millenia... To pass away before a new and less enchanted time.

That I find tragic. The inevitable wheel of time crushing the old ways, the coming of the era of men and the machine...

Or is it more like anguishing, heart-breaking, sorrowing, romanticising even rather than tragic?

A most tragic individual fate: Turin Turambar (as someone already noted), surely.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote