Thread: ATM II RPG
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 01:13 AM   #256
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"Wereducks, eh?" mused Tollin as they walked down the corridor towards the commotion, "that would explain a few things." exactly what he meant, he did not say, but he stroked his chin in deep thought. The Barrow Wight puffed on his pipe once more and began humming an old tune he had learned on the Downs. Smilog, on the other hand, merely grumbled to himself and stroked his beard, letting the crumbs and bits of wall fall out of it.

You! Dwarf!" Anakron called, turning to the dwarf, "You ignored me. Why?"

"I don't know," hummed the dwarf, "Skittles talks a lot of nonsense. Wereducks may be another one of her delusions." Anakron stared at the Dwarf, hardly believing his eyes and ears. "How can you be certain?"

Tollin bowed his head and replied, "Two reasons; first, those footprints we saw on the mountains side, they were webbed feet and too big for any normal duck. Secondly, the hole in the wall down there had feathers all over it."

"Palthwait is one of those blasted things?" coughed the Barrow Wight, sending smoke right into Anakron's face.

"I don't think so," continued Tollin, "in league, perhaps, but I don't think he is one." They walked on, nodding slightly to Skittles, not wishing to get caught up in her affairs again. Once bitten, twice cautious. Anakron was about to explode.

Anakron's teeth clenched and his brow lowered menacingly. "Do you not know who I am?" he grated.

"Why?" said Skittles, "have you forgotten?"

Anakron ignored her.

"Dwarf! Come back here!" he called. Smilog stopped and turned around. Anakron felt suddenly vindicated and said with a note of triumph, "So, you have been ignoring me!" He paused for effect, then in a growl said, "You will pay." Smilog began to walk back towards him Anakron nodded patiently. "Just answer my question." he paused as Smilog picked up a pipe from the floor.

"I thought I dropped something." he said, shaking his head again and returning to his little party.

"No wonder people assault him with such regularity!" said Anakron.

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-06-2006 at 01:59 AM.