View Single Post
Old 08-18-2003, 09:27 PM   #44
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

SAVE - H.O.U.S.es (Hyenas of Unusual Size) show up to scavenge the battlefield, drawn by the scent of wasted bacon and flamed troll.

(Actually, I think that says it all, don't you? I mean, I may never actually need to fill in this "save", y'know? Just let your imaginations fill in the blanks... well, except for the H.O.U.S.es, of course. We all know what those look like...what WAS Peter Jackson thinking, anyway!?...Ah, but I digress. So, without further ado - Cue the scavengers. Stage Left.)

The effects of the Trollen (Trollish? Trollesque?) laze-bread on the This-And-That-Ship was everything that was promised, so it is not surprising that even the sharp but shapely Elven orbs of Merisuwyniel were slow to detect the arrival of certain skulking forms flitting through the trees and silently soaring overhead. Even the sound of a couple of firkins being rolled into place and tapped failed to distract the party from their post-troll feast stupor.

But as lovely Pimpiowyn reached and lanquidly pluck a mushroom from the congealed remains of Suprakool, a dark, gliding shadow fell across the sodden box. With the greatest of effort she tipped her glistening chin to the sky and commented, to no one in particular "Huh. Vultures."

At that same moment a polite cough from behind drew her attention to the pack of H.O.U.S.es (Hyenas Of Unusual Size) which now surrounded the Gallowship. The largest H.O.U.S. of them all then stepped forward, nodded towards the stack of laze-bread and asked politely, "Uh, were you going to finish that?"

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: Birdland ]