View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 04:00 AM   #154
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Reflections&reactions on what has happened meanwhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
I stated I didn't want a double-lynch, because I honestly didn't want one...and I'm sure everyone (except for the wolves, I suppose) was thinking this as well, I guess I just had to be the stupid one to state it aloud.
Well, the point was, that you said you didn't want a double-lynch and at the same time performed an action that could cause a double-lynch. I understand if you wanted to vote for me, but voting for Six (even though it wasn't right) would have been much better, safer in the meaning of safer for the community. On that I now feel okay because of your explanation in the rest of your post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
Also, I was there until the deadline with one retraction at hand...I was ready to change my vote to Sixth if it looked like a double lynch might occur. But that didn't happen, therefore I didn't change my vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
but your continuing attempts to re-write the opening skirmishes makes you look far worse in my eyes.
(sarcastic tone) No, SpM, it's not me bringing it back. It's you, because everyone asks me about it five million times and I five million times answer the same thing.

Also, when you mention it, the "nothing-saying" of Ang's posts is not the main point of my suspicions of him, there's quite much more of it. I'm going to re-investigate Ang's case, because he seems more "normal" at the later time, though I am still very aware of that might be a retreating move from a wolf, which I would really not like to experience and thus letting a wolf slip out of the spotlight.

Now something on Boro. That he appeared here and spoke in a more active way, as I thought his behavior is, is nice. But. There is something fishy and now I am actually thinking of a connection between SpM and Boro. When someone says "these three are most vocal, and Ang seems most suspicious, where Legate does this and this and SpM does this and this but I think he's actually innocent" (or that is, from my point, the message of it), then such a statement has several impacts: a) someone who reads it might get the feeling that Ang is suspicious, b) someone who reads it might get the feeling that I am suspicious, but what if Boro does not pay enough attention to me, putting me on the second place? Result: the person focuses either on Ang or me. Of course not on SpM. Boro also mentions him, but says that it's not an important matter, and when the person looks at it, he might say "Well, Boromir speaks reasonable, of course he does, so let's leave SpM for now."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
A few candidates are attracting most of the attention today...we should really try casting the net wider. Say, Durelin, for instance. I haven't thought about her once yet, and that's not a good sign...
Seriously, while there is the possibility that the wolves might be hiding among the quiet ones (cf. what I said about it earlier), waiting for us vocal ones to kill each other, I don't think there wouldn't be at least one among the vocal ones. Even if it were not, these are just shots in the dark until we know for sure that all of us "vocal" are innocent. Evidence from the quiet ones' posts (if any) is quite feeble evidence. Realizing this, I think it's best to drop this until something happens that brings some more light on the innocents, or shows the "vocal" into being innocent.

EDIT: x-ed with these after Anguirel (Brinn, Boro...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote