View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 08:46 AM   #51
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"Oh, they are", Leanora continued before the dwarf could answer to the innkeeper's son. "But as we are talking weird villagers... I mean possible 'suspects' inside Bree... What about Owyn, Owyn the Nightowl?" The others' expressions varied from irritated to slightly fearful. She turned to the dwarf: "He never leaves his home, expect at night. And everybody knows that he then goes away. To the woods, some say."

Leanora took a breath. She felt stupid reciting all this village gossip. Nevertheless, she went on: "Everybody knows he hates other people. It is also said that he has some sort of... interest in violence." Lea hoped they would not take her as a frightened little girl. She needed them to take her seriously, even though she was among the youngest of them and a woman. "And", she said, lowering her voice a bit, "you can see he's not a true breelander, but from somewhere outside." She shot an apologetic glance at Grimbeorn and Kuric. "I'm not saying that is bad, necessarily, but..." she added hastily and then made a pause. She took a sip from her pint. "Sometimes I wonder why does he live here", she said, her voice thoughtful.