View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 05:08 AM   #330
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Kara stepped forward, nervous but hopeful. Gárwine had received kind and encouraging words, she only hoped she had done well enough to be deserving of the same.

Eodwine repeated his question, asking her how she thought she had fared. Taking a moment to collect herself, Kara answered truthfully.

"At first my Lord I did not fare so well. The accident that caused Frodides' injury meant that I had no kitchen and no teacher. However, the kindness that was shown by you Lord in allowing Frodides to stay here even though she could not work, and by others in not minding when food was late or not as good as they are used to made me feel welcome, and I knew I was in a good place."

Kara paused to smile up at Eodwine, wanting him to know that she believed what she was saying.

"My cooking is much improved now, even Frodides said no one would know the difference if she were to leave tomorrow, and that is great praise! With a kitchen to work in again I can only hope it will improve further."

She stopped, unsure if she should say anything more. Over the last month she had noted that Eodwine was a man who preferred plain speech that came to the point when it was about something important, and Kara at least felt that this was important. Deciding against it she turned her eyes downward, awaiting his answer.