View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 11:00 AM   #204
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

And while we're speaking about Argeleafa, Helen, what is your opinion of her? Are you in favor of her joining our Rohan company or would you rather she just went home with her father?

Both are darling songs. My own personal 'homesick' song is a modified version of Carrickfergus, changed to be Carrick-on-Suir. But it is a bit different than the version on the site you've given me (guitar chords! Lovely!). Verse 2 there would actually be Verse 3 and the new Verse 2 would run....

My childhood days bring back sad reflections
of happy times spent so long ago.
My boyhood friends and my own relations
have all passed on now like melting snow.
I'll spend my days in endless roaming;
soft is the grass, my bed is free.
Ah to be back now in Carrickfergus
on that long road down to sea.

Suir... Darling little river... and all the lovely people that I knew... I'm making myself homesick, I'm afraid, and I can't let myself do that. I had a bad enough spell in November and December and I'm determined to have a lot of fun here. I dreamt I was back home last night, as a matter of fact.

So you're homesick for Scotland? I have never found myself in truth homesick for Scotland though I have gazed from time to time wistfully towards Cawdor Castle. Alas that it should fall upon my family that we were descended from the Campbells of Cawdor (alas Cawdor is now for the tourists and not for its rightful owners... I'm in a story-mood today, and that idea is sweet to think on... the rightful owners. Can the tourists all be minions of the enemies of Bonnie Prince Charlie? We can watch the Battle of Culloden from Cawdor ), though I do hope we're a better lot. Hold! I mustn't talk about my family history here, though it is a favorite subject of mine. Unless you consider it getting to know me better?

Aylwen? What about you? Are you in favor of Argeleafa joining the company or not? littlemanpoet? I'm afraid to make up my mind for myself. I might not be thinking quite straight in my illness... then again I might be thinking straighter than before and doing something wonderful....? Maybe? In my personal opinion Argeleafa is a sweet girl, but I don't know if she should actually be part of the company.