View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 10:19 PM   #201
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

littlemanpoet and Helen, I'm in total agreement about ceasing with the 'gypsy'... as long as you'll permit me to call them 'gypsies/wayfarers' on the discussion thread? In truth gypsies isn't a very canon name considering how it originated, I'll admit most humbly. I don't regret calling them gypsies on the game thread (*wicked look*, but I'm sick and wicked right now), though I am going to edit and name them wayfarers as we've actually come up with the name. But I sparked an interesting discussion, eh? Please note I'm also in a very conceited mood. Comes from writing about conceited characters and acting them out, I suppose. Though it seems needless to say I'm not talking about Liornung.

Quote:
Nur, I'm a little fuzzy on what's expected of Ędegard right now. He'll "introduce us to all of them"???
Did I really have Liornung say all of them? *blushes* Ugh, apologies. Let's just leave it in there and put it to Liornung's absentmindedness. I have begun to notice he's a bit absentminded at times. It's rather interesting how you learn things about your characters that you never knew before whilst you were writing, isn't it?

Ahem!

Well, what Liornung meant to say (*more blushes*) is that while he is fetching the water he would like Ędegard to give all their names to the one lassie. "This is Bellyn, that was Liornung, etc."

Interesting what I've heard about Raefindan. Maybe we could have the wayfarers/gypsies (I put wayfarers first, is that better? ) stick around until the Gondor company shows up just so Liornung can hear what he'd call them.... depending, that is, when the Gondor company shows up. I think eventually the Rohan company will outride the wayfarers. Raefindan sounds like an awfully interesting character. *mutters something about the need to pay more attention to the Gondor group*

Now I'll go edit Liornung's posts and change 'gypsies' to 'wayfarers' and then curl up and watch a movie and take Helen's excellent advice and go to sleep despite all inclinations to sit up late writing and tin whistling. It sounds like our confusion is getting cleared up, which is lovely, though the discussions were grand. If I ever have more time I'll wander over to the Books section for a little while.

By the way, Helen, I'm looking forward to Amroth's discussion with the stray gypsy... er, wayfarer.... if it hasn't occurred already? I'll go check the game thread.