View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 07:14 AM   #10
Linnamalle
Haunting Spirit

Linnamalle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Orofaniel,

I do enjoy the TOlkien Ensemble's work and I'd recommend the CDs. On all three CDs, I find some songs are great, some fair, and some awful. Like mark12_30, I find Eomer's song a huge disappointment. Neither do I enjoy the Frodo interpretation. But the elvish songs are good-- very Rivendellish! And Strider might have not had such a sophisticated singing voice-- but then again, he did grow up in Rivendell. Maybe he did.

Anyway, yes, I like them. You won't like all of it, but what CDs are there where you do like every song?

Of course, if it was REALLY from Rivendell, every single cut would be deliriously enchanting. Rivers of gold and whispering waves on western strands, and all that... which seems to be the opinion of that out-of-print Starlit Jewel cd... "Sung by Genuine Elves and Hobbits." LOL!

(edit)

Two other points: One, you are wise to be careful about buying over the Net, always make sure it's a secure server, never send a credit card number through regular email. And two: The little hammer icon at the top of each post is for editing, if you click on that you can edit your post.
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ September 18, 2003: Message edited by: Linnamalle ]
They spoke no more of the small news of the Shire far away; nor of the dark shadows and perils that encompassed them, but of the fair things they had seen in the world together, of the Elves, of the stars, of trees, and the gentle fall of the bright year in the woods.
Linnamalle is offline   Reply With Quote