View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 09:22 PM   #97
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Arry nodded his head at Angara’s request, though on looking closer it seemed as if the wyrm’s eyes were not quite tracking together. He looked toward Pio and Bird, his brows raised. “Looks like that was some potent potion Miz Angara,” he said turning back to the dragon. “And look at that line at the bar, will you!” He reached under his chair for his rucksack and pulled out a long, tight woven cloak. “Bit chilly in here, isn’t it, since that hole got knocked in the wall.” He flung the cloak over Angara, soothingly encouraging her to settle in and just rest a bit til he could bring her another drink.

After several more minutes of soft talk from Arry, Angara’s eyes closed and the low, even sound of her snoring became part of the background noise of the party. He looked up and saw the surprised faces of the Elf and Bird. “Grew up on a farm,” he began. “My Da raised sheep. And I learned to talk down the skittish Mamas about to have their lambs.” He grinned. ‘Didn't know if it would work on Miz Angara – I think the amount of spirits she drank down this evening helped a bit.”

Arry adjusted the cloak a little around the sleeping wyrm and then settled himself into a chair closer to Bird and Pio. “Now what was it you asked, Miz Pio?” He took a swig from his mug. “Right! About if Vin said anything else before he left.” He closed his eyes for a moment, recalling the scene of the man’s leave-taking. “Yes, now I remember. He said to give you his good-bye and a good-bye to Angara, too. And then he said he needed to be on his way. That he was headed south.” He looked at Pio with these last words. “And begging your pardon for eavesdropping, but didn’t I hear you saying something along the same lines when I came over to your table? Something about you heading south, too?”

He topped off the mugs of the two ladies, then sat back waiting to hear what the Elf would say.