View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 08:39 AM   #2
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
Share your craziest Tolkien theories here, the crazier the better.

Some of mine:

- Nienor is Eorl's ancestor.
- Maglor lives in Imladris under a fake identity
- Maeglin got reincarnated as Grima as part of his punishment. Don't believe me? Look at the similarities.
- The wave didn't kill Miriel. Rather, it washed her onto the shores of Middle Earth where she stayed incognito up until her death.
Oh, I have so many of these. So many that I have an entire website devoted to them... Netilardo, home of the Not-So-Crackpot Theories list.

I kicked off way back in the day with Tom Bombadil has a Palantir, followed up with Tolkien wanted people to paint Nienor with no clothes on (warning: classical artwork inside), ran past Eol is Elmo, grandfather of Celeborn, and reached my greatest depths with Mesoamericarda.

In the "Filthy Liars" section, I've played around with the idea that Thorin or Aragorn might have been fakes, and another masterpiece: what if Maglor lied about the Silmarils? That one involves Maglor killing Maedhros, then dumping the Jewels on his adopted sons. You'll never guess where they wind up by the end of the story.

Urwen, I think you've shared most of your theories up there before, but I don't recognise the Grimaeglin one. It seems kind of out of character for you to claim that he must have been both evil traitors...

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote