View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 04:43 AM   #233
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
I wonder how would Eol have felt if he knew that a mortal wielded his creation. If he is anything like his son, I reckon he'd be disgusted.
I dunno... given that Eol hated basically all elves, he had a surprisingly good relationship with the dwarves. Maybe it was just because they were smiths, but he could also be seen as hating anyone who's had contact with Aman - and therefore liking by default those who haven't.

I could see him getting on quite well with Turin, who (to Eol's mind) quite rightly shunned his kinsman Thingol. I can also see him and Haleth hitting it off - after all, she hated House Feanor enough to drag her people through a Spider-infested valley rather than be connected to them, and then she snubbed Thingol something fierce. She had to go pretty much right past Nan Elmoth to reach Brethil, too... you know, I think there's a story in that.

(I wonder if I can tie it to my theory about Narsil being Haleth's sword...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
A story I wrote about the Last Battle

Guess who it is about.....if you dare.
See, now, I assumed it would be all about Maeglin reforging Gurthang and being revealed to be the hero all along...

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote