View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #65
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
Probably the uber-1337 beta testers who have no jobs and play games all day long had maxed out there characters and were getting bored...
I say we kill them

err.... in game... yes, yes, in game, attack their characters in Monster play

I haven't had a chance to test the game after the big patch... might get to it in a while, but I don't understand why they'd did some of the "retouching" (let's not say nerfing) they did.

For example, it seems to me that they weakened (even further) the Captain class... suposedly a meele class, it'd take me for bloody ever to kill just about anything that was not two levels lower than me. I got tired and started playing my burglar.

Fortunately, my little hobbit burglar is much more fun. While it's by no means a heavy-hitter on a "fair fight", who said that I'd ever give them a fair fight? and even then, I was able to take two blue orcs and a white one almost all at the same time and survive using only one minor Athelas essence potion.

The captain would die from two light blue spiders.

By the way, have you guys checked out the "combat primer for fellowships" on the forum? PLEASE Tell me that people do not play like that

"No-one should talk, except to say that they need a heal or to communicate that there was an add"

The guy who wrote it is a pompous @)#*#%.... if I want to discuss Balrog Wings while I smack the heck out of an Ucorn, I WILL

Still, at least the graphics are looking better every time around (even in my computer, with the "child drawing with crayons" graphic settings).