View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #239
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
An attempt at a humorous response to Nog's frustration about people's general inactivity. I was trying to point out the many various different personalities and characteristics of humans.

I'll put it in educational lingo, from one future teacher to another. You should be familiar with "group-work." You notice how some people step right in to take charge of the group, others aren't comfortable with taking charge and might prefer to have a "group leader" to bounce their own ideas off of. Other people are the work-horses who don't create the ideas, but do the writing/work so they can contribute. And of course there are always a few who just want all the work done for them. The general point to Nog though was cool down (literally and figuratively) we are all naturally different, and have different personalities...we all can't be the "group leader" nor are we all the "creative/come up with ideas" type...etc.

As far as the last sentence it was a reference to one of Tolkien's letters where he writes "I neither preach nor teach" plus Reynold de Chatillon (played by Brendon Gleason in Kingdom of Heaven, which I just watched the previous day). It served no purpose besides trying to amuse myself with word play.
Oookkkaayyy....well stop with the word play, it hurts my brain.

So I'm caught up, and now exhausted and confused. Boro weirds me out still, but I'm pretty sure that's normal, I think our mod time together instilled in me an automatic desire to be against him . Nog I'm actually really sure about, even if his reasoning may seem a bit flimsy. Nerwen and Mnemo I'm good with. Everyone else is still up in the air.

The 3 vote getters from yesterday, I don't really get, I can't really see why they were all voted for. That's one think I will look at tomorrow after I sleep and go to school.

Which I will do right now. So that's it from me, but I should have a few hours of steady participation tomorrow between study sessions.