View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #107
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem View Post
What do we actually know about CT's attitude to the PJ movies in particular, & to visual adaptations of his father's work in general. Well, we know (via Mr Hicklin) that he doesn't care for PJ's adaptation of LotR. We also know that he feels his father's work is particularly unsuitable to visual representation. Finally, we know that he has refused to sell the film rights to any of his father's other writings. What can we surmise from those facts about his desire, or otherwise, to get back the film rights to LotR & TH?...Absolutely nothing.
Let's see, he didn't care for the adaptation of LotR (and from what I've read, that is an understatement), he doesn't feel his father's work is suitable for visual representation, and he has steadfastly refused to sell any of the film rights he currently holds.

Let's see, that's three negatives regarding film rights, and you say there is nothing to be surmised by that? *rolls eyes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem View Post
You can speculate as much as you want but ultimately you won't get any closer to the truth. CT is the only one who knows what he feels about the film rights, & so far (again, as far as I know) he's said absolutely nothing about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron the White
Forget that much of what we do here is speculation ... throw all that to the wind. Either present your legally certified documents which will stand up in court or just get out of the way. That has been made clear to me.
Well then, satis verborum.

Last edited by Morthoron; 06-01-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Morthoron is offline   Reply With Quote