View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #42
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
if the Fellowship was made up of some species of bug-eyed green martians with six genders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
It was made up of five species, phantom, four of whom do not exist in our world.
True, but elves, hobbits, and dwarves are all human based species. When you consider how many possibilities there are for a species (from human all the way to the afore mentioned bug-eyed green martians), it is quite apparent how similar the free peoples of Middle Earth are to each other. An elf is a pretty human with a bit of magic. A hobbit is a short human who likes to eat. A dwarf is a short stout human with a beard who loves mining. I'm generalizing of course, but you get the point. Those species aren't terribly foreign.
Quote:
As for females being weaker than males, do you fancy a fight with Shelob?
Ha ha! Obviously I was talking about humans when I made that comment, but just to humor you- I recall that Shelob was soundly defeated by a little male hobbit.