View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 02:04 PM   #35
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Re:

Folks, Imrahil was not Boromir and Faramir's uncle. He was Denethor's cousin.

Boromir was 40 and Faramir was 35. Denethor was 88. In him, the blood of Numenor almost ran true, so he would have lived to a ripe old age in his hundreds. Not as true as Aragorn, who was 87 and still seemed as young as Boromir.

But Imrahil, I always judged, was not much older than Boromir. Maybe 41 or 42. I actually liked their casting of him ... the guy who played him certainly looked fair ... they even accentuated it by making him fair-haired as well, even if in the books he like all Gondorians, had jet black hair. The fair-hair would have added that extra notion if Legolas had mentioned Nimrodel, Amroth, and the 'unrecorded' elf/man mingling that occured in South Gondor.

I wish they had elaborated his part, instead of his being merely the chief of the soldiers. It wouldn't have taken much, a little bit with him talking to Denethor about the siege weapons, him searching the field of the dead, and being one of the guys who saw Eomer scream in anguish, and maybe a little part with him saying "are even the women of Rohan riding to our aid?" and lastly, he should have been at the Black Gates with Aragorn, Eomer, and Legolas. He should have been the knight holding Aragorn's banner, as a matter of fact.

All it would have taken would be like, three close up reaction shots of his face, two more lines, and two or three shots of him personally fighting. Whammo! Prince Imrahil, captain of Dol Amroth.

I pretend like it IS him at the Black Gates with Aragorn. They never show that random soldier's face.

Other than that ... Gildor Inglorien, and Glorfindel. Well, the elf leading the elves Arwen rode with had golden hair ... he might just as well have been Gildor, and at the Coronation, next to Elrond there were TWO golden haired Noldor ... one who as mentioned above was supposed to be Glorfindel ... so perhaps the other was Gildor.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote