View Single Post
Old 08-02-2002, 01:00 AM   #392
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

They reached the top of the stairs. Pio cautioned them to silence and pushed aside the screen which hid the entry way. Stepping quietly into the neglected storage space, which served to hide the entrance to the tunnel, she looked to see that no person was in the room. She saw no one, and motioned her companions to leave the tunnel.

'Stay here and be as quiet as you can' she whispered. 'I'm going out to see who is in the rest of the house, and to find out what day this is.'

She took off her sword and knives leaving them for Child to watch, and unwrapped the coil of rope from about her waist, putting it in Rose's keeping along with her cape. When Rose looked at her questioningly, she explained she would be less noticed if she appeared unarmed.

As a last measure she checked the hidden knives in her boot tops, and the one at the small of her back. Satisfied they were in position, and easily accessible, she opened the door to the storeroom and stepped into the hall.