View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #710
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Athanar, Aedhel & Matrim

"Ok I will do it, that is if Lord Athanar agrees, it is to his home Matrim that we bring these troubles?"

Lord Athanar leaned forwards in his chair and faced Aedhel. "Don't think about it that way lady Aedelhild. My king has charged me to protect you, so it's he who has brought any troubles to me, if anyone. But he didn't give any specifics on how I should do it. So if you really think drawing your enemies here and catching them here will help your situation, I'm ready to try it." He studied Aedhel's face intently trying to find out whether she really was ready for the gamble. He could say she was nervous to the bone.

Straightening his back lord Athanar turned to Matrim. "You can trust my men. And for a short while still we will also have a company of king Eomer's guards with us as well... So if you think there will be an attempt on her life or liberty anyway, then it should happen rather sooner than later. When Eomer's guard are gone we've a lot fewer men to take extra-turns or prepare for any traps."

Turning back to the lady he halted for a moment looking at how she reacted to all this talk. "I can assure you mylady, that we have the best men in Rohan to guard you if you decide to go for it. But make your decision in peace, not under any pressure to be brave. It's your decision and yours only." Here he glanced at Matrim, but more with a co-conspirator's smile than anything else. "You can signal your decision by joining my table at any meal you feel you're ready for it. From that I know you have decided and will then call out for the Mead Hall about your status." He turned to Matrim nodding lightly.

Rising up from his chair he addressed Matrim. "So I'll be waiting for your decision. Is there anything else for now?"

Matrim looked back at lord Athanar and nodded approvingly. "No my lord, not at present."

Matrim offered his hand and lord Athanar took it. They shook hands firmly looking each other to the eye. Lord Athanar was pleased with the young nobleman and was wishing to see him at his table sooner than later.

When he turned to Aedhel the old reflex suddenly came forwards and she offered him her hand. Lord Athanar took the hand and kissed it cordially. He still held her hand in his own while straightening himself to face her.

"Trust me. I'm a soldier by heart and know the offence is oftentimes the best defence and an open denial is more worthy of a noble than hideous hiding..."

He let go of her hand and nodded to both of them. "Now, if you excuse me. I have a tons of things to sort out here... But I'll be waiting to see you at my table anytime."