View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #1222
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I've put up a save for Aiwendil and Lindir, which I'll try to fill late tonight. Tolkien quite clearly states that, if an orc ever begged for mercy, the free peoples would be obliged to extend that mercy. Perhaps my two characters can be very clear about that.

Yes, I would like Makdush to die at some point, but not now..... I can think of several ways that his death could contribute to the story line. We'll just see how things play out. My guess is that, even if the orcs and uruk agree to travel with the larger band, they will not be in total agreement on the wisdom of so doing. Not that ANY of the orcs would be %100 enthusiastic about travelling with a group of humans, but some may be more or less hostile.

I've spoken with Regin about his characters. He sees no way he can participate in an RPG before the summer. I agreed to carry Ishkur, and I feel he is more central to the plot than Makdush.

My personal preference is that the group decide, with some misgivings, not to execute the orcs. However, I also think that the decision to travel together would not come at this time. Surely, the fact that Gwella, of her own free will, offered to help the children would have some bearing on this.