View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 03:10 PM   #16
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I chose other but I was kind of a mix. I bought the books for my dad and when he was done he let me read them . But, that wouldn't really be the moment that I became a "Tolkien-lover." As I read them once and set them in a box to be packed in the basement.

It was when the movies came out when I became a true lover. And for that is where I give Peter Jackson a lot of credit for making such good movies that inspired me to pick up the books again, after some 20 years and read them over...then the rest of the story is pretty self-explanatory and why I'm here.

I actually didn't read The Hobbit or The Silmarillion until about a year ago. The Silmarillion being the more recent. Now I'm reading The Chronicles of Narnia. I've been in this big fantasy mood this passed year...I think it's because of all these movies coming out. Now did you hear they are making Beowulf into a movie?

So, it was kind of a mix of a bunch of the options I guess...