View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 07:58 PM   #12
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Other

Alright, let's see.... My mother bought "The Hobbit" for herself, yet she didn't finish it and as I had nothing to read at the time (I was about fourteen I think) I claimed it for myself. It's still sitting on my bookshelf, good luck mom trying to get that one back.

Then I went and bought LoTR (one book at the time... I remember finishing The Two Towers about an hour after the bookstore closed and trying to convince my dad to go check if it was open anyway... I did not succeed and so I could not sleep wondering what had happened to Frodo). After finishing LoTR I read The Sil but it was a big dissapointment. First of all I was quite young to appreciate it fully and second, I read it in Spanish. I have not read them in English (Ive started LoTR though) but I can tell it's MUCH better on its original language. Specially the songs, as they chose to translate them into Spanish rather than leave them in English and well... they just don't sound as good.

But a copule months ago I read all of them again and enjoyed them plenty. Looking forward to getting my hands on Unfinished Tales