View Single Post
Old 07-04-2003, 04:23 PM   #20
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

In FotR: <BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>That whole Arwen crying over Frodo thing after the flood at the Ford of Bruinen. What in the Shire was that?!<BR><LI>The Aragorn/Arwen scene before the Council of Elrond. I always skip through it.<BR><LI>Galadriel's light and shadow show. She creeps me out in the movies.<BR><LI>The many many many times Frodo held the Ring out in front of him. It made me want to smack him and ask him whether or not he really <B>did</B> want someone to just waltz by and take it. *Yoink!*<BR><LI>Elrond saying "Morrrdorrr". I don't know how everyone else at the Council endured that without turning homicidal on each other... *cringe*<BR><LI>And, like The Real Estel said, Sam's line of "Have you run out of those nice shiny daggers?" was <I>very</I> un-Sam-like.<BR></UL><P>In TTT:<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Faramir. He was all wrong. <BR><LI>The Aragorn and Arwen scenes for reasons already stated.<BR><LI>The "Aragorn's dead!" subplot for reasons already stated (it's "FRODO lives!", not "ARAGORN lives!" for Eru's sake).<BR><LI>Most of the Treebeard/Ent scenes. The Ents were also pretty off, and don't even get me started on Treebeard.<BR><LI>The length of Helm's Deep. It took one chapter in the book, and about one third of the movie. Now my math isn't all that great, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't equal out...<BR></UL><P>And one thing I'll HATE about RotK:<BR>No Scouring of the Shire!!! I can't believe</b> Peter's doing that! I'm still in doubt. Part of me is still holding on to the hope that we'll walk in to the theater and see that it was all a hoax and PJ just wanted it to be a surprise for everyone... Please be a hoax! That chapter was one of my favorite parts in the entire LotR book, and that's saying alot.<P>Welcome to the Downs, Arathyn. Hope you enjoy being dead!
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote