View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 08:26 AM   #103
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
I don't know when it happened, but I got to a point of "on this one day, Boro, you can do you. Why shouldn't you have fun with it?"
You mean like this?

++NILPAURIO-- I mean

++LHUNARDAWEN

Now that that's out of the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Dismissing early posts because of the "nothing really happens" argument is dismissing part of the evidence.
But they barely feel like evidence taken in isolation toDay. Cumulatively in the coming Days, maybe, but very rarely toDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Worse, the day after people will be too quick to jump on those who changed their mind from one deadline to the next. Wolves, on the other hand, lacking conscience, will have a very easy time showing consistency.
Sounds right. The only logical reason a wolf would swing a last-minute vote from a non-wolf would be to protect a fellow wolf; it's far too early in the game to sacrifice a packmate (unless they play a bold game since there are a lot of them anyway). And with a village this large, the odds are still higher that votes will be cast against an innocent than a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I was referring to not voicing serious suspicions before the QT vote, which would make for a very unproductive day, no trails, lazy justifications. and a good environment for wolves to hide, which is why (I hope) innocents will avoid doing it.
Agree. I'd be wary of those who take too much stock of the QT vote when considering their own vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
I mean, sure, if the only Cuties are innocent you can trust they won’t vote for an innocent person on purpose, but while they might have conversations we’re not privy to, they don’t know anything more than we do. (This is barring the existence of a Cutie Seer, obviously, in which case I agree Cutie votes should have more weight in our decision-making.)
I don't know. I mean, even if the Seer dreams of a wolf, if xe dies without revealing their dream(s), it's as good as nothing for the living. It doesn't seem safe for the living to assume that just because the Seer is in the QT and they vote for someone, that means the Seer dreamt that that someone is a wolf. Does that make sense? More to the point, am I making sense out of how a dead thread works? Newcomer here, never played with one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I gotta applaud Legate for getting the discussion rolling by taking G55's fake lynch idea seriously and running with it; however I'm very confused why he'd do this (ordo trying to be helpful? wolf trying to look helpful? cobbler trying to distract people?).
Any role trying to gauge reactions for whatever purpose (like Rikae did)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
*I'm a scientist; I can't bring myself to say 'theory' on so little data.
Oh, a Downer after my own heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Why do I feel like if Nilp was here he'd jump at the chance to self-vote and try it out?
Not a wolf, but Nilp made me do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Work update: this is my fourth post, but I've already caught myself checking incoming work emails to see if they might come from wolves.
Hmm? Is this a slip?

Since I've always struggled reading much into Day 1 banter - yes, even the ones with debates over crazy plans that never come to fruition - and my post-work brain has pretty much turned to mush, I will let my gut take charge. These are who I feel uneasy about so far toDay:

Brinn - just enough input to be visible, but feels careful. Noncommittal. Slippery.

Zil - if he's a wolf, he'll just hide under a cover of making sense.

Kitanna - jumpy, but maybe just an anxious ordo

Mac - scary. Yep, despite having only one post (I think) so far.

Boro - I don't know, I just don't trust him. And with 59 games under his belt, he seems like he's capable of unfathomable depths of deceit.

The rest fall into the categories of either talkative, speculative, and argumentative yet genuinely helpful OR practically non-existent. Or Shasta.

Ugh, I'm too tired, it's getting late, this took longer than I expected.

(Crossposted with likely so many people I won't even bother to enumerate)
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote