View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #45
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
And, to answer Eomer, I am afraid that no particular mention of the Downs was made at any formal point, but the peculiar feature of Downermoots I have attended is that Tolkien and the Downs itself have a decidedly low profile in conversation... for whatever reason. Besides, with Boro and Fea in the wedding party wearing jade that's a close ringer for Barrow-downs "ghastly green," did we really need to state the obvious?
This reminds me, do we know the final tally? (At one point Form was telling me there was a distinct possibility of having 144 guests . If it was close to this, I'd be happy just saying it was 144 and calling it a day - which, mind you, also had me waiting for a Bilbo-ish speech..."I don't know half of you half as well as I should like... ")