View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ring

Good question, thewarrior, and welcome! I agree with what both you and Zil have said. I'll just add that Frodo was probably easier to tempt, since (especially in his last year of the possession of the Ring) he had more goals, hard-achievable goals. Bilbo was pretty uch content in the Shire, his only wish being to "see the mountains again" and go traveling for the last time. Not much of a cause for tempting. Frodo, on the other hand, had a clear and hard-to-acieve purpose: destroy Sauron. Aside from that, there are other ones, like to survive in the wild or in the Mordor desert. The Ring tempts with what the person wants most: for Sam it's his own personal garden, for Boromir - Gondor's victory and his glory, Gollum - getting free fish every day without having to work and getting revenge on others... Frodo's teptation isn't very clear: in the beginning, he uses the Ring to hide, and later on it's just a battle between his will and the Ring's power. He definitely had more cause to be tempted than Bilbo, though.
And good thoughts, Zil and thewarrior! I agree.