View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #317
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye Eleniel and Arrow

Quote:
"Sorry if I seem kind of distracted, I'm really not used to being around this many people, I am used to being alone in my travels..." he added with a slight smile.
"That's quite all right," said Eleniel. "I feel quite overwhelmed myself." There was so much going on here, it was almost dizzying. "But I like it. It's better than tending a shop all day." Arrow gave a snort in agreement.

"Actually, this trip is one of the highlights of my year," Eleniel continued. "It's my chance to get out and see the world and everything in it. The rest of the time I spend selling what I collect on this trip." She nodded towards her bag.

Arrow yawned, growing bored. He whined once to Eleniel, casting longing glances to the door. Eleniel sighed.

"I told you to do that before you came in, dog." she said. Arrow gave her the infamous "Sad Puppy Look." Eleniel sighed. She was a sucker for the Sad Puppy Look.

"All right, go ahead. Just don't get into trouble." she said. Arrow wagged his tail and licked both Isaac and Eleniel before trotting to the door and pushing it open with his nose. Before he left, he cast a glance over his shoulder. The look seemed to say, "I'll be back. Your hand had better be ready to pet me when I return!"

The dog almost ran into a finely-dressed man. It took Eleniel a moment to recognise him as Snaveling, the man who had stolen the hobbit's coin. Apparently the coin had gone to good use.

"He looks different!" Eleniel murmured. Turning back to Isaac, she smiled. "You said something about searching for lost memories. What did you mean? I don't mean to pry," she added quickly, red showing on the apples of her cheeks.
Arrow sniffed the air, happy to be outside. The delicious smell of cooking food mixed with the interesting scents of livestock and evening. A bee flew around his head and a cricket hopped to and fro at his feet. This was the life.

He momentarily considered eating the cricket, just to see what it tasted like, but the notion was forgotten as something rustled a bush across the coblestone street.

A natural hunter, Arrow was instantly intrigued. His trusty nose told him that the creature in the bush was a rabbit. Rabbits were yummy, and much more fun to catch than a cricket was.

Bounding across the street and squishing the cricket in the process, Arrow was completely happy.