View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 09:57 AM   #307
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye Eleniel and Arrow

"An adventurer!" said Eleniel, impressed. "Well, I am pleased to meet you, si-- Isaac!" She caught herself mid-"sir."

"As for Arrow and I, we're on business. I'm a merchant from Laketown, and every year I travel the world looking for merchandise to sell." She pointed to the saddle bag at her feet. "Some of my smaller merchandise I carry with me," she said, "And the rest will be delivered to my shop via caravan."

Arrow nudged the bag with his nose, as though showing off his loot to Isaac. He wagged his tail proudly.

"Arrow's my travelling companion-slash-guard dog." said Eleniel with a smile. The way the dog was licking Isaac's fingers made it impossible to consider Arrow as guard dog material.

Eleniel dug through the bag for a moment. She pulled out a blue box made of tin and pried off the lid. For a moment, it looked as though it were filled with diamonds.

"Rock candy," she explained. "Bought it yesterday. Would you like a piece? It's on me." She held the tin out to him, taking one herself and popping it into her mouth. Arrow barked and she tossed him a piece of her bread.

"You're getting quite spoiled, dog," she said, wrinkling up her nose.