View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 09:29 AM   #287
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Roa had tried to ignore Snaveling all night, but he kept drawing attention to himself. First with the song, which even Roa had to admit was pleasant to hear, then with the incident in the cellar. Roa had sought out Aman after she had spoken with Snaveling. While she was still angry with Snaveling, he was in her charge, and any punishment visited upon him would have to go to her first. Aman had been surprised with Roa's demand, but Roa was even more surprised when she learned of the arrangment with the innkeeper.

Snaveling had been staring at her for awhile, though she did not acknowledge but once, and that was to glare. But now, with the announcment he made so loudly, she could not help but pay attention. He finished his speech, and Aman had thankfully accepted. Now, Roa noticed the nervousness in his walk, so well hidden to less observant eyes, as he approached the young lad who had just entered. The word tailor reached her ears, and she was forced to squash her curiosity. She turned again to Galadel, who was smiling at the man and the hobbit.

"It would seem that a great change had taken place in those two, much for the better. I sincerly doubt that they are the same people we met on that first morning." The elf woman gave Roa a pointed look, and then sighed. "How long till you forgive the poor man? He has suffered enough with out facing your scorn," she added almost pleadingly.

"I know, Galadel, I know, and I suppose that I shall have to inform him that he is forgiven. But my good graces do not so easily forget. I do not know if I will ever be able to smile at the thought of him again." Galadel nodded sadly, and Roa bowed her head. The elf was right, he had changed a great deal. Perhaps, if he could show her that he valued life more than gold now, she could trust him again. But how could I test that?

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen