View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 11:06 PM   #16
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Yes, you're right about the original list.

I have thought about my own characters and decided I'd rather stick with the two that I had originally thought of when I first conceived this game: Lindir the Elf and Radagast. That means I won't be playing an inhabitant of Mordor. Our total list would look something like this. I've added in some additional comments on gender, the skills possessed by those sent out by Aragorn, and the use of minor characters.

You had indicated "Men of Gondor". Do you think we could leave that open to any Men?

How does this look? It's not set in stone and can be changed......

Characters played by the game founders:

Child of the 7th Age: Lindir the Elf; Radagast the istar , both part of the group sent out by Aragorn

Durelin: Man of Gondor; ???

Major Characters:

Each poster should select one major character from the two lists below.

A. Group Sent Out by Aragorn

2 "Men"
1 Hobbit
1 Dwarf

**Each of the above characters should possess one or more skills that would be needed by the refugees to help establish the new settlements: scouting, working with stone and/or metal, soldiering/hunting, teaching, healing, farming. If anyone has thought of additional skills you'd like your character to have, please run these by the game founders.

***The healer and teacher may be female; all others should be male.

and

B. Inhabitants of Mordor

1 Ex-slave (male)
2 Slave escapees (at least one male)
2 "Rebel" Orcs (1 male/1 female)

Minor characters

Posters are encouraged to carry one minor character, generally one of the inhabitants of Mordor. However, if the list become too lopsided and everyone is requesting one character type (Orcs, for example), we may ask some writers to consider a different choice.

My math was wrong on the last posting, where I managed to add up the characters on the list and came up with "ten"! Rather that would be 11 posters (including us). If we get fewer than that, I think we can still manage as long as some folk write for two characters.

I am going to paste all this into the proposal and we can make further changes after you see it.

I also need to check with Piosenniel. At one time, she and I had discussed some other possible characters being sent out by Aragorn. Let me get back to you on that one.....

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 06-14-2006 at 11:34 PM.