View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 10:16 PM   #30
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I agree the Forsaken Inn seems the most suitable starting point for this RP.

I think we need some reference to the historical figures of Celeborn, Elladan and Elrohir. Perhaps NCE's si the best way to achieve this. However, sometimes there are historical character "experts" milling about who know their famous character inside out.

The underworld, shady characters aren't necessarily prey for Naiore, unless she uncovers their treachery of her, or their death achieves something for her. She's not the safest of allies.

This is not to say she hasn't already been happily and busily murdering informants, merchants and minor lordlings who once fattened their coffers by selling information and limited aid to Mordor. Those characters will be past tense references and NCE's.

Menecin will be "off stage" for a while. I'd have to ask that should someone wish to play him, that they get in contact with me so that I can fill them in on a few things detailing the character. He's not, by rights, my own creation. I act as a "custodian" of the character, of sorts, which was created by a dear friend who is no longer with us. I've been trying to keep some of his creative work alive for others to enjoy, which is why I've taken Menecin under my wing on this board.

It didn't to me that someone would want to take Menecin on, given the nature of character (wound about with two of mine) and the circumstances surrounding his creator. I'm certainly not saying that noone else can write him.

I'd just ask that if anyone did like the bio and wanted to give it a try, I'd need to be certain that it would work (for the memory of my friend) and that they were aware of the things concerning the character that do not fit into a standard profile (to help them get into Menecin's head, so to speak).

Now, about that story line. I'll do some homework on that to pull my thoughts together. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Here's some initial thoughts on Vanwe and Naiore.

*Naiore will have been frustrated in her attempts to get into the Shire. She's learnt that Vanwe is also loose, nearby and that Menecin is alive and close at Imladris. Her pursuers will be getting close, the place relatively crawling with the Rangers she so hates. Naiore will suspect a trap set for her by her enemies and Vanwe. That is what brings her to the inn.

* Her plan to kill Vanwe outright alters when she realises that Kaldir is also there. Those two know each other (if we use what's already set down at the Green Dragon Inn) as Naiore was Kaldir's principal tormentor when he was captured by Mordor. Her plans change when she learns that Kaldir is hunting her daughter for Harad and revenge forms in her mind.

* She takes Vanwe, hoping to lure Kaldir away from the Inn and perhaps vent some of her rage (stress relief Naiore-style). When she realises Vanwe is better bait for others at the Inn whilst alive and she can snare more than Kaldir with that bait, she alters her plans once again. Her ambition becomes to destroy Imladris, killing as many Rangers and Elves as she can.

* She dupes Vanwe, who is desperate for parental love. When Naiore engages assistance from scoundrels, Vanwe begins to wonder and doubt. Her options are few and poor. If she escapes Naiore, she looses any chance of parental bond as well as falls possibily into Kaldir's hands. Naiore makes sure Vanwe knows that Kaldir is following and hunting her.

[ July 27, 2003: Message edited by: Elora ]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight